1. Management of personal information
2. Personal information
Personal information includes the following items:
- Users’ personal information that can be used to identify users, such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and other information.
Information which alone cannot be used to identify users, but can be easily compared with other information to identify users is also counted as a personal information (including personal image data taken with a 3D printer to create a 3D figure).
- Ticket purchase history and usage history of services provided by “the Company” such as “3D figure program with resident rights” and others.
3. Purpose of use of personal information
The Company uses personal information for the following purposes. If personal information is used for purposes other than those specified in this section, users will be informed of the purpose of use and the consent from users should be obtained.
- To provide the services of the Company
- To provide the services and display advertisement according to each users’ usage status and hobbies
- To know users’ interests and develop new services
- To send users notifications necessary for site operation
- To sell admission tickets according to users’ applications and introduce related services via e-mail
- To provide information about the Company’s services via e-mail
- To provide user support related to the Service (answering inquiries, etc.)
- To create statistical materials for the Company’s marketing activities
- To verify identity necessary for the operation of the services and to respond to inquiries based on laws and regulations
4. Provision of personal information to third parties
As a general rule, the Company will not provide personal information to a third party without users’ consent. However, this does not apply to the following cases when it is necessary to provide personal information to a third party.
- When it is required by law
- When it is necessary for the protection of human life, body or assets, but it is difficult to obtain consent from the individual
- When it is particularly necessary for public health improvement and sound growth of children but it is difficult to obtain consent from the individual
- When it is necessary for cooperation with a national organization or local public entity, or a business operator entrusted by such an organization in order to carry out affairs stipulated by laws and regulations in cases when obtaining consent from the individual concerned would hinder such affairs
5. Outsourcing of personal information
In order to accomplish the intended purposes specified in Section 3, the Company will provide personal information to a third party (hereinafter referred to as the “Subcontractor”) that the Company entrusts services without obtaining consent from users. The Subcontractor will use personal information to the extent necessary for accomplishing the specified purposes. In this case, the Company shall make a contract (including confidentiality agreements) with the Subcontractor that personal information will not be disclosed or leaked to other third parties and that personal information will not be used for purposes other than accomplishing the specified purposes.
6. Use of user data for statistical analysis
The Company shall be able to disclose the results of statistical analysis based on the provided personal information (without personal information itself) to third parties.
7. Disclosure of personal information
When requested by users to disclose personal information based on the Personal Information Protection Act, the Company will disclose personal information to them without delay after confirming that the request is made by the users themselves. (The Company will inform the users if relevant personal information does not exist.) However, this shall not apply if the Company is not obligated to disclose it under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws.
8. Suspension of use of retained personal information
When users ask the Company to suspend the use of their personal information or delete personal data (hereinafter referred to as the “Suspension of Use”) for the reason that the personal information is handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that it is obtained by unauthorized means, the Company will conduct a necessary investigation without delay. And based on the result of investigation, we will suspend the use of personal information and notify the users accordingly. However, if suspending the use of personal information will require considerable expense or it is difficult to suspend the use of personal information, it is possible for the Company to take alternative measures to protect rights and interests of the users.
9. Use of IP addresses on the website
When users browse or use the website of the Company, users’ IP address and cookie information (defined below) will be obtained automatically. IP address and cookie information will be used for the following purposes.
- To improve or update the site to satisfy users
- To confirm unauthorized use of the website
- To effectively display advertisements on the website
- To measure the number of users and perform statistical analysis in a form that cannot identify users
Cookies are files that are sent and received between the website server and user’s browsing software (hereinafter referred to as the “Browser”) when users browse websites. If users choose to receive cookies on their computers, cookies will be saved in specified locations on computers. By using cookies, the Company’s server can record which webpage of the Company’s services a particular computer visits (hereinafter referred to as the “Cookie Information”). Users cannot be identified unless they enter their own personal information on the website of the Company’s services. Moreover, users can also change their browser settings to refuse to accept cookies or display a warning when they receive cookies. However, if users refuse to accept cookies, they may not be able to use some part of the Company’s services. (For example, they will not be able to use services that can only be used after logging into the website of Company’s services.)
10. Use of access logs
When users access the website of the Company, the Company will record their information in the form of access logs on the server and store it for a certain period of time. The information recorded in the access logs includes the date and time of access, IP address, type of browser, cookie information of browser, etc., but does not include information that can identify users. The access logs are used as operation information of the Company’s server for the purpose of improving the convenience of the server, managing the server and investigating unauthorized use and are not used for any other purpose.
11. Information desk
Please contact the following information desk if you have opinions, questions, complaints and inquiries about personal information, IP addresses and cookie information.
Address: Holland Hills Mori Tower RoP 707, 5-11-1, Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo
SMALL WORLDS Inc.
Personal Data Protection Manager: Hidekazu Tanaka
Effective date: October 2019