About a part-time staff infected with the COVID-19
Yesterday, we learned that one of the staff members (part-timer) working at SMALL WORLDS TOKYO (Koto-ku, Tokyo) operated by our company was infected with the COVID-19.
The last day of work for the infected staff member was December 22 (Tue.). On December 23 (Wed.), we were told that a family member of the said staff member had a slight fever, so the staff member stayed home. The family member tested positive on the same day, and on December 24 (Thu.) the staff member also took a PCR test and tested positive.
According to the standards of the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare there is no “close contact” among other staff members. We have ordered people who had any contact with the infected staff member to start home quarantine from today. One staff member was judged by the public health center as a “close contact”.
In addition, the source of the infection in this case was the family member, therefore it is not a cluster.
＜About our response＞
For the enhanced safety and security of our visitors, we will take following measures in the park.
In response to this matter, we will continue taking the following measures with regard to the infected staff members and all other staff members.
- ・Staff members who had a contact with the infected staff member during the incubation period were ordered to stay at home starting from today.
- ・We will disinfect the office where the infected staff member worked as well as handrails, doorknobs, tables, elevator buttons and other places inside the theme park that visitors are likely to touch.
- ・Our staff will continue to take temperature, wear masks and wash their hands.
- ・Even the staff members who have a slight fever lower than 37.5℃ will not be allowed to continue working.
- ・We will encourage teleworking and off-peak commuting.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and worry caused by this issue to our visitors and partners.
We will take additional measures and continue to work with the public health center and other related agencies to strengthen the health management of our staff and make SMALL WORLDS TOKYO a place that you can visit with no worries.